Do you know how your employees feel about working for your organization? Do you know if they are happy or if they are harboring issues that they don’t feel comfortable talking about? Often it can come as a surprise for management when there are problems and issues within a workplace that have existed for a while, unaddressed.
You can’t fix any problems that you don’t know about. That’s why it’s important to engage your employees and ask for their opinions, insights, and feedback.
What will an engagement survey do for you?
Carrying out an engagement survey will help you discover how committed to your organization’s values your employees are, what their understanding is of the work they do, how they feel about management, how they see their supervisor, how well they access information and how effective communication efforts are in your company.
What to ask your employees in an engagement survey
You can survey your employees on virtually any aspect of your business. To get the most value out of an employee engagement survey, you should only ask relevant questions that will provide you with data that you can use effectively.
If you’re not sure where to start, we have compiled a list of questions and suggested responses to ask your workforce:
- How long have you been working for this company?
- Are you happy to come to work every day?
- Have your feelings about coming to work changed over time?
- Do you enjoy the specific work that you do each day?
- Can you see yourself working for our company in one year from now?
- Can you see yourself working for our company in five years from now?
- How likely would you be to recommend this company to family and friends as a great place to work?
- Do you feel as though you have a clear understanding of our company’s strategic goals and objectives?
- Do you feel you understand how the work that you do as an individual contributes to the company’s overall goals?
- Do you always know what is expected of you in terms of contributing to the company’s goals and objectives?
- How do you feel about the way your supervisor interacts with you?
- How do you feel about the effectiveness of managers within the company more broadly to lead employees?
- Do you think communication flows well in our company?
- Do you think you have all the tools and resources to do your job well?
- Do you feel that there is good teamwork in our company?
- Do you think other employees are happy to work here?
- Do you think you are paid well compared with other companies?
- Are you proud to tell people where you work?
- Have you thought about looking for another job?
- If you were to leave for another job, what would be the reason?
- Do you think the leaders in our company communicate well?
- Do you think you have access to good learning and development opportunities?
- Do you think any systems could be improved within the company?
- Do you have any suggestions about how we could do work better?
- Do you have any other feedback for management?
How to send staff surveys
When you have DeskAlerts as your company’s internal communications solution, you can easily create and send surveys to all your employees.
Surveys are sent as pop-up notifications on employees’ screens – they can’t be skipped or ignored. The nature of sending surveys this way means that human resources can complete the survey more quickly, even in a day, instead of waiting long periods of time for staff to respond via traditional methods such as paper or email.
You can send surveys to every employee at once, or target specific groups. You’ll be able to see the survey results in real time, instantly through the DeskAlerts statistics module.
Download the excel template with all questions and respond options for free.