Desktop weather alerts may seem to be an unnecessary addition to a company's software system – that is, until an emergency situation shows itself and endangers the lives of employees. Only in dire situations can the employees fully appreciate the uses and benefits of an alert system.
Desktop weather alerts, along with other emergency alert systems, is a crucial part of a company's internal communication plan to ensure employee safety. It could never hurt for companies to go the extra mile when it comes to taking care of their work force.
Valuing Employees as the Business' Most Important Asset
Many companies often state that their people is their number one asset. It may sound as if they're merely just trying to patronize their employees, but such is not the case.
Having an effective team of people is vital for any business to grow. If a company has an effective leadership and is operating within a clear set of vision, mission, and objectives, then it is highly likely that the business invests in its people.
Investing in employees does not only mean spending for their bonuses – yes, the company should invest in keeping its people happy, but takes a lot more than cash to make employees satisfied in their jobs. Below are ways on how companies should invest in its people for optimum productivity.
1. Investing in people means initiating trainings. Further education equips employees with additional knowledge, expertise, and confidence to do their jobs the best they could. This translates to a more productive workforce, and employees who do not just follow what's written on the textbook, but innovate new ways to make work operation more efficient.
2. Investing in people is not always associated with money. In order to foster good relationship between the business leaders and its people, the company must also invest in its employees emotionally. This means trusting people so that the employees would trust the company back. When leaders and employees trust each other, a harmonious relationship is nurtured, making it easier to work together and accomplish common goals.
3. Investing in the right tools that would best implement the company's vision, mission and objectives. Companies should take advantage of technological advancements that would increase productivity and carry out its vision, mission and objectives. Most mid-scale businesses do not think twice about purchasing business operation software if it can help the company grow more in the long run.
Availing emergency systems such as desktop weather alerts is one of the steps in carrying out the second and third ways in investing in people.
The Importance and Benefits of Desktop Weather Alerts
There are numerous benefits to having desktop weather alerts in the workplace. Below are some of these advantages:
- It keeps employees safe. An office weather alert system's main objective is to warn employees of extreme weather conditions. Being well-informed about the present weather as well as the forecast for upcoming hours would be very useful in helping employees decide for their safety.
- It helps employees take care of their families by warning them as well. Though the system was built for employees' safety, it is highly likely that they would pass on the important weather information to their family members in order to ensure their safety in cases of extreme weather conditions.
- It helps people in the human resources department prepare for possible contingency plans.
In cases of extreme weather conditions that would not allow it to be safe for employees to go out of the office, the human resources department can prepare for contingency plans such as having lodging arrangements, providing comfort kits, and ordering hot meals for affected employees.